The college provides ragging free environment rather offers environment congenial for teaching-learning situation. Ragging is legally banned in the college campus as per the order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
What is Ragging?
Any act resulting in:
- Mental/Physical Sexual Abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Indecent behaviour
- Criminal Intimidation/Wrongful restraint
- Undermining human dignity
- Financial exploitation/Extortion
- Use of force
- Each of the above is a criminal offence
A student indulging in ragging can be:
- Expelled from the institution
- Banned from the mess/hostel
- Denied scholarship
- Debarred from Examination
- Denied admission to pay institution
- Prosecuted for criminal action
- Prosecuted by Police on the basis FIR filed by institution.
Considering ragging as an antisocial, inhuman and criminal act, the college management has constituted a committee to strictly deal with the ragging cases, if any. As a preventive step the college has made it mandatory for a student to submit an affidavit at the time of joining the college.